Upcycle or Recycle...take your pick!


Within the last six months I have gotten to do what I have wanted to do in a long time.  It fell into my lap and I took full advantage of it.  I got to paint furniture.  This may not sound too exciting to you but I tell you what, if I could do anything I wanted and make money, it would be this!  Building, refinishing and painting furniture to revive it has always been a love of mine.  
It all started when a friend of mine was getting overwhelmed by her own business of painting furniture and asked me to help.  I was thrilled to say the least.  Not only would I be able to learn how to make all of this happen, she was going to pay me to do it.  I could work my own hours as long as I met the deadline she had for each project. 
I was able to paint dressers, table, chairs, dining room sets, hope chests, night stands and desks.  I even got to paint a couple of desks for our office.  One for my sewing machine and the other for my school work.  In my searching, I also found a corner cabinet that I could paint for my computer and printer.  It fits perfect in the space and I love recycling furniture and incorporating it into our living space.  My last project was a table with 10 chairs.  I am now excited to spruce up my own dining room set.


BEFORE:

 AFTER:



Comments

Popular Posts